This is a basic sourdough starter recipe used to make sourdough bread.
- Combine the Whole meal flour and 1/2 cup luke warm water, stir together thoroughly. Cover with a lid and leave at a warm room temperature for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours discard 1/2 the starter and feed it with 1 cup white bread flour and 1/2 cup luke warm water. Mix well and cover the mixture to sit at a warm room temperature for 24 hours.
- By the third day you should be able to see some good activity (bubbles will appear in your mixture). By this stage you need to start feeding the live organism twice a day. Stir down the starter and weigh off a 1/2 cup of starter and discard the rest. Add 1 cup white flour and 1/2 cup luke warm water. Leave at (warm) room temperature between feedings.
- Repeat step 3 every 12 hours. Your starter should be ready from day 6. No need to discard the starter after using what you needed, keep refrigerated and continue your feedings daily.
- 1 cup Eureka Mills Stoneground Whole Meal Flour
- ½ cup luke warm water
- 1 cup Eureka Mills Stoneground White Bread Flour for feeding
- ½ cup luke warm water for feeding.