Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 15- 20 minutes
Servings: 12 scones
- Preheat oven to 200°C and lightly grease a baking tray.
- Whisk together egg, vanilla and yoghurt. In a separate bowl mix together the rest of the ingredients. Gradually add in all the flour mixture to wet ingredients until a soft and sticky dough is formed.
- Tip the dough on to a floured surface, roll it out to approximately 2cm in thickness. Then using a cookie cutter cut out circles. Repeat this until you have used up all your dough.
- Place scones on prepared tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked.
- Remove from the oven and brush the tops with melted butter before serving.
1 extra large egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup plain yoghurt
2 cups Eureka Mills whole meal flour
½ tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 Tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup raisins, packed